Release of Student Records

    The release of information regarding student records is governed by The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) of 1974. To be in compliance with FERPA, the school district does not disclose any information in education records, without prior written consent of the parent or eligible student. An eligible student is a student 18 years of age or older and who is not otherwise under a legal disability. Dates of attendance and graduation dates may be released without written consent.

    Students may request a copy of their transcript from the SHS Records Office. The transcript is the official record of a high school education, containing the student's classes, grades, date of graduation, final class rank, and final GPA.

    Transcripts to College/University

    To request a copy of your transcript be sent to a college or university please complete the Transcript Request Form.

    There is a $3.00 charge for each transcript. Bring cash or send money order (no checks) made payable to Sterling High School.

    Mail Transcript Request Form, copy of your ID  and payment (no checks) to:

    Sterling High School
    401 Broadway St
    Sterling, CO  80751

    Contact number: 970-522-2944 ext 244

    Please Note:

    • You may request a transcript in person, however, to ensure assistance will be available, PLEASE CONTACT OUR OFFICE PRIOR TO ARRIVING and bring a current photo ID.