COURSE COMPLETION POLICY
The RE#ONE Pathways Program provides a unique opportunity for students to have the flexibility to complete their education outside of the normal school hours. It also provides students who might not otherwise be able to attend a brick and mortar school during the day, the flexibility to complete their course work. However, no matter was else is going on, SCHOOL MUST COME FIRST! Online courses still require students to be completing a minimum of 20-25 quality hours per week actively engaged in the learning environment. Students who adhere to this requirement should be able to complete a minimum of 3.0 credits (or six classes) each semester.
1. Students will not be enrolled in any class for more than six (6) weeks unless continuous weekly progress can be shown. Continuous weekly progress is defined as a minimum of three (3) lessons/assessments being completed and submitted on a weekly basis. Students who do not show continuous weekly progress will be withdrawn from the class at the end of the six-week term and an F will be placed on the student's transcript. A parent meeting will be held to discuss educational needs and opportunities.
2. Provided students show continuous weekly progress, students will not be enrolled in any class for more than 12 weeks. Failure to complete a course will result in a student being withdrawn from the class and an F placed on the transcript. A parent meeting will be held to discuss educational needs and opportunities.
3. Students will be REQUIRED to complete and pass a minimum of two (2) classes each six-week term. Failure to complete two classes in a term will result in (a) a parent/guardian and student conference; (b) the student being placed on a contract for full-time on-site attendance; (c) four classes being completed by the end of the the next term. If a student does not meet the minimum requirements by the end of the second term, an additional parent/guardian and student conference will be held to discuss educational needs and continued enrollment in the RE#ONE Pathways Program.
4. All Unit/Topic tests and Cumulative (semester) exams are REQUIRED to be completed onsite.
5. To pass an Edgenuity course, cumulative exams must be passed with a 60% or higher no matter what grade percentage a student has prior to taking the exam.
6. Academic Integrity (AI) requires that students complete work that is his/her own on ALL lessons/assessments. Should a student have an AI issue, the student will be REQUIRED to redo and submit the assignment for partial credit. If a second AI incident occurs, the student will receive a 0 for the assignment. If a third AI incident occurs, the student will be subject to disciplinary action per the student code of conduct and dismissal from the RE#ONE Pathways program.